BATTERY TECHNICIAN (M/W/D)
|Bedrijf||TES Sustainable Battery Solutions B.V.|
|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
TES, headquartered in Singapore, is a rapidly growing IT service and recycling company with more than 1,800 employees worldwide at 40+ locations in 21 countries.
TES is investing in Rotterdam in their plant to achieve 10,000 tons annual capacity, which will extend to 25,000 tonnes annually, mechanical and hydrometallurgical processing of batteries and battery materials. The award-winning hydrometallurgical process focuses on the recovery of nickel, cobalt, and lithium as precursor feedstocks for the battery industry. At this moment, the site has a basic permit to receive, store and forward Lithium-Ion batteries, the allowance to dismantle and treat EV batteries and is close to a license to shred Li-ion batteries for physical separation. It is a recycling site of 10,000 sqm with extension space of 30,000 sqm in the Port of Rotterdam
For our Company TES Sustainable Battery Solutions B.V. in Elbeweg 110, 3198 LC Europoort Rotterdam, we are looking for your support as Battery Technician (m/f/d) as soon as possible.
Summary of function:
The Battery Technician is involved in all operations performed on-site on the EV modules and batteries. The main activities include: receiving and cataloging goods; checking and testing modules; performing deep-discharging; ensuring safe quarantine and smooth transition to dismantling. The role involves using a combination of industry-standard methods/tools and customized equipment and processes. A good adaptability is required to cope with changing situations and technical challenges. A curious mind and problem-solving attitude would thrive in this fast-paced environment.
The Battery Technician is expected to work independently on live High Voltage batteries with a safe and diligent attitude. Taking ownership and personal responsibility for working safely must be self-evident.
The operation is in a ramp-up phase with several key technical aspects still to be investigated, developed and implemented. Creative solutions and hands-on approach are the most welcomed.
Contribution to other activities such as battery dismantling, workspace and logistics optimization is also possible.
Place of work: Rotterdam
- Handle EV batteries and modules from reception until dismantling
- Perform first checks and testing on EV modules and batteries
- Perform safe deep-discharging of EV modules and batteries to match process throughput
- Implement KPI (Key-Performance-Indicator) to track and report on progress
- Investigate, develop, implement, and optimize discharging (and dismantling) methods and equipment
- Support electrical infrastructure development and maintenance
- Be a High Voltage safety reference and advocate safety best practices in the workplace
- Keep an EV battery work area, tools, and equipment clean, tidy, and well maintained
- Contribute to other miscellaneous projects such as logistics workflow, workshop organization, cloud-based process network, etc.
- Coach and lead supporting staff
- Proven experience with working on electrical installations OR electric vehicles (EV) or lithium-ion batteries
- Preferably certification NEN-3140 / EN-50110 or equivalent
- Working proficiency in Dutch or English (preferred)
- High School diploma in technical direction or equivalent in experience
- Comfortable with hand tools and computer-based tools, including electrical test equipment, and computer databases
- Solid work-ethic record showing qualities such as diligence, responsibility, and organization
- Motivation to join a starting up operation, with challenges to solve and opportunity to grow quickly
- VCA certification (basic or full), or willingness to take the class for the certification
- A warm and friendly working culture in an international company
- A challenging working place to ensure personal and professional growth
- You receive the freedom to shape your job. We offer our customers and employees the attention that makes all the difference. We always celebrate our success stories together.
- Great colleagues with great team spirit
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Working for a task that is of great ecological and economic interest.
Are you interested?
Become part of a growing, challenging and rewarding ‘sustaining tomorrow’ team at TES!
Fixed term 1-year, renewable and transferable into permanent contract
TES Sustainable Battery Solutions B.V.
Elbeweg 110, 3198LC Europoort Rotterdam